Tuesday 13 January 2015

Bringing In The New Year!!!


Woollen Pullover – Tom Tailor (32 Clothing) | Leather Pants – Cotton On |
Shoes – Zara (32 Clothing) | Handbag – Colette by Colette Hayman
Necklace & Ear-rings  – Gifted | Ring - Mr Price | 
Watch – Michael Kors


So this is the first post for 2015! I would just like to take a moment to reflect on the past year. What a year 2014 had been. I cant say I was pleased to see it leave nor was I upset at any point to see it go, it was a long a hard year in many respects for me. 2014 brought out a lot in me. I accomplished many things of which I am very proud of and it allowed me to reflect upon myself and made me realise the positive things in which I should welcome and let stay in my life. It made me grow as a person. Countless situations and people (I shall not mention) tried and tested my character, and I realised what I should allow in my life and what I should keep. I must say, it has all made me a much stronger and confident person and I’m hoping that in 2015 this will all show through! Aint nothing gonna stop me this year!
This year, I have made a conscious choice to focus on myself, take time out for myself and to never doubt my first instincts. I have always been a very vocal person and anyone who cannot appreciate that, well it’s their loss. I also vowed to only focus on the positive in my life, and anything negative shall be disregarded from it. These aren’t resolutions per say, but rather promises I have made to myself about myself.

I know the “new year resolutions” speech is getting pretty old and many of you have probably read thousands of them by now because I am pretty delayed in it and it probably is pretty generic. But its all true though, because I am sure so many of us don’t exactly give time to ourselves and it is something we all really should consider. So do the things you want to do and say the things that need to be said because life is too short to keep putting it aside :)  !

Now onto the outfit choice of 2015…..
I know I have been MIA for a very long time and I apologise for that. I guess that will also be another promise to myself (and to you) that I will try post more often and try not go off the grid for too long a period of time. Sometimes life just happens and we all get a bit busy, so I will try not allow that to pull me away from my blog any longer :)
I swear this Jo’burg weather has been rather confusing this season! And I swear we have been slightly robbed of something called “Summer”! With this constant rain and only about two good days of sun it has me yanking out some of the woollies again :( . Which is so not cool! Since when does it rain THIS much in December/January???

Anywho… I chose to go with this pretty versatile pullover from Tom Tailor which I bought from a little hidden treasure called 32 Clothing (post to follow). It’s rather loose, so it can be quite cool if it got any warmer. I paired it with my all-time favourite leather pants to make the look a bit more bold. Now for the yummiest part… The SHOES! Can we please just have a moment for these amazing Zara babies! I think they are my favourite item of this look! I feel like they just brought everything together to give it that casual-bold look! Also bought from 32 Clothing.
I have been lusting after “edgier” looking shoes and when I saw these they were perfect! A bit out of my comfort zone so I was a bit sceptical at first, but the more I looked at them the more I knew I had to have them! No buyer’s remorse there I tell ya!


Happy New Year to all my readers! May 2015 be a prosperous and happy one for all of us! 
Let me know what you think of my outfit and your thoughts about your New Years resolutions and goals by leaving me a comment down below. And don't forget to give a follow and a share :)
Thank you all for reading :)
 I hope that everyone had an awesome New Years!
The Looi Look
xxx


 






No comments:

Post a Comment