Monday 13 April 2015

Graduation! Conquering the WITS Edge!



Dress - Topshop | Heels - Zara | Clutch - Vintage

 I know I have been gone for a while, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks with tests and graduation. But I’m back now and that’s all that counts :p. Today I wanted to share my graduation experience and outfit with you because…well… I just wanted to share my excitement and accomplishments with you!

I think every student dreams of this day, and when it finally arrived for me the excitement just took over! Starting with shopping for my graduation dress! I had been looking for the perfect dress since results came out last year! And had not found anything that grabbed my attention, until about three weeks before my graduation. I was looking for a dress that wasn’t too short (it’s a graduation, I had to look classy) and not too long either (I didn’t want to look like a granny haha), so just above my knee was the perfect length. And I knew I didn’t want to wear black, it had to be bright (like my future). For me, because I had been waiting for this day to arrive, I wanted it to be perfect and symbolic in a sense. 

I spotted my dress when I walked into the Topshop end of season sale. Hanging there, white and silver, it was the only thing I saw like a ring of light had been dancing surrounding it and blurred my vision from the rest of the items around it.There were so many hanging on the rail, but only a few in my size. So I grabbed it, quickly inspected it for any hooks or imperfections and went to try it on. The perfect fit, length and colour! It was EXACTLY what I had in mind! With my new Zara heels, I knew it would look amazing together! What a stress relief! Outfit done!

When “the big day” arrived, everything kind of went off as planned. Without a hitch. The ceremony went by so quickly and before I knew it, I was being called up on stage, capped, and handed my scroll. Standing up there with a huge smile on my face was definitely my proudest moment! Every sacrifice, tear, sleepless night was all worth it to bring me to that moment! And it was all thanks to my most wonderful parents, brother and boyfriend for all their amazing and unwavering support throughout the years! All of this not being possible without them! 

Its been a long road to graduation and it hasn’t been an easy one, but I can finally say that I am a WITS graduate and that I have conquered the edge! The journey to this day has definitely been a memorable one where I have met and come across some extremely influential people, met some of my closest friends and have definitely learnt so much through the experience. I don’t think I would change a thing because through each experience, downfall and uplifting moment, I have learnt something and overcome many obstacles. I know in myself, that I have definitely become a much stronger and more confident person. I know through perseverance, you can accomplish anything that you set your mind to! Never give up! And suffice to say, nothing and nobody can ever take that away from me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment