Wednesday 15 October 2014

Fashion Has A Way Of Repeating Itself.

 
Midi Skirt & White Court Heels - Mr Price | Lace Bodysuit - Threads |
Clutch Bag - Vintage | Sunglasses - Prada from Sunglass Hut |
Watch - Michael Kors | Pearl Bracelets - Woolworths
 
 


Its crazy at how true this is!
Inspired by the 1950s fashions, the Midi Skirt is BACK! It has a way to maintain that polite, lady-like appearance but still has a way of giving it that unapologetic, flirtatious elegance. It's perfect for any occasion really! This is why it is one of this seasons MUST HAVES!
 
The trick to pulling off the Midi skirt is balance! Because the skirt is voluminous and covers your legs a bit, it should be balanced out with a loose plain blouse (remember to tuck it in!), crop top or a figure hugging top. Worn with a pair of pointy heels  or even a strappy open sandals to elongate your legs. And remember, if you are short (like me) the length of the midi skirt should be either just above the knee or just below it. If you are tall, well then lucky for you, you have no problems at all! :)
 
The most important tip to pull off any look really is to have fun with it!
 
 
 

Printed Midi Skirts 

 
I am UH-BSESSED with midi skirts! There's just something about a midi skirt that automatically draws me to them! I think its because they add a "Stepford-wife"look to an outfit! And maybe because they cinch in your waist and flares out at the bottom to give you that hour glass figure :)  
 
 This one from Mr Price is absolutely perfect! Not only is it a midi skirt but it incorporates prints as well (which happen to be a combination of my two favourite things right now!). It gave the look a little playful-modern edge to it and I LOVE it! And what better way to bring in that Monochromatic magic! :)
 
I decided to keep everything else plain because the skirt is so busy and I wanted all attention to focus on that. Therefore I have paired my "Stepford-wife" midi skirt with a white lace bodysuit, white court heels and a white clutch bag  to play along with the whole "Stepford wife-lady like" appeal.
 
 
Let me know what you think of my outfit by leaving me a comment down below. And don't forget to give a follow and a share :)
Thank you all for reading :)
 I hope that everyone is having an awesome day!
xxx

 

 
 

 
 







 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment