Tuesday 21 October 2014

"Fashion Fades, Only Style Remains."





Crop Top & Skorts - Mr Price | Heels - Spoilt Girls | Handbag - Colette by Colette Hayman |
Watch - Michael Kors | Sunglasses - Prada from Sunglass Hut |
Accessories - Zuri


Yet another one of my all time favourite quotes from Mademoiselle Coco Chanel and following on from one of my previous posts, "Simplicity Is The Keynote Of All True Elegance", I have always maintained that fashion does not lie within the price tag nor does it lie in the label. Fashion can be derived from anywhere and anything, but what really matters is how you style the pieces and how you carry them.

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I find the most wonderful items of clothing in the most strangest of places! Places some would never have even thought of!


There is no hiding that I am a HUGE Mr Price fan! I'm the type of person that "if I can get more for my buck, why not?" and with being a student this plays a large role in how I shop as well. I'm not saying I don't splurge out once in a while and spoil myself. I just have always found that their clothing is value for money and if you style your pieces correctly, you will look like you have just stepped off a page in VOGUE and who will know the difference?!



Take these skorts for instance, they're actually from the Mr Price KIDDIES department! I came across them on the way to the change rooms with an arm full of other clothes to try on when I saw them and thought "OH EM GEE! SKORTS! I have not seen them stocked at Mr Price before! For THIS price I HAVE TO have them!" and so I searched the rack for the largest kiddies size they had and went to try them on hoping they would fit me (and even if they didn't I would find a way to make them  hehe). To my luck they FIT! It fit perfectly around my legs, but the waist was waaaaaay too big! But that's ok, with a little altering they would look perfect! And so I bought them without any hesitation. I just HAD to have them! 

 If I had not told you this story, where would you have thought my skorts were from? And so the saying goes to show... "Fashion Fades, Only Style Remains."


Short Skorts

A mix between a skirt and shorts, the SKORT, is one of this seasons hottest trends and in this bright, summery colour, I couldn't pass up the opportunity not to snag them!
I paired them with one of my favourite black crop tops (also from Mr Price), black Colette Hayman handbag and black court heels, just to make the colour pop a bit more and add that vibrant summer feel to the outfit. :)

Let me know what you think of my outfit and your thoughts about my skorts by leaving me a comment down below. And don't forget to give a follow and a share :)
Thank you all for reading :)
 I hope that everyone is having a stunning day!
The Looi Look
xxx





















No comments:

Post a Comment